realitycheck(dot)ie

Irish doctor with too many thoughts, too little time and a blog that's supposed to check in on reality.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Tall people, men to be precise

My previous post on My Broken Social Scenery offended some tall people.
I do not want to offend tall people.
I want applaud them, especially the men, and have them regularly meet up in similar concentrations as they did at Broken Social Scene.
At 5'7 and a half, I want to meet men taller than me. Most Irish men are too small.
They might annoy me by standing in front of me in concerts, but at least I know they reside in the country, even though they are not in my life.

6 Comments:

Blogger Simon said...

Being a little over 6ft. I would just like to say for all tall men in this world. Feel free to say something to us. We know that we can see over you so we more then likely will let you in front of us.

May 23, 2006 8:30 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being 1/2 Irish, 1/4 Scottish, and 1/4 Welsh (American Mutt), I consider myself lucky to be 5'10". :-) I'm leaving for Ireland in a few hours, and I can't wait. I'll be all over the place, but mostly in Dublin, and I'm going to visit some friends up in Belfast. Two and a half weeks of bliss...

May 24, 2006 10:45 a.m.  
Blogger Auds said...

Well then, Jefferson Davis, welcome the country!

May 24, 2006 10:01 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps jefferson davis wants to meet with you auds...

May 25, 2006 1:19 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my (limited) experience, many tall men out there are going out with shortass women.
Case in point: me and my Beloved. Me: 5 foot 3. Him: 6 foot 4. Do we look ridiculous together? Yep. Especially since I tend to save high heels for times when I know I'll be sitting down!
Since most of my friends (e.g. Fence!) are more short-arsed than me, I only feel teeny-tiny when trying to get something off the top shelf, or when I'm standing beside my Beloved.

May 28, 2006 10:13 p.m.  
Blogger Betty the Sheep said...

According to an email that was sent to me a couple of years ago the average Irish male is 5'7"!

June 08, 2006 4:01 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home