realitycheck(dot)ie

Irish doctor with too many thoughts, too little time and a blog that's supposed to check in on reality.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Blogging the Farm

I complained a while back that I didn't know any Irish farmer bloggers when I posted about our first November born lamb and the Macra na Feirme nude farmer calender.
Last week Damien Mulley was looking for one too.

Well I found one - blogging about the lambing - Blog an Seanchai. The events of this post are very familiar to this blogger and to any one else who grew up on a farm.
I notice his site has a google ad for sheep's placenta - following the link, apparently it's used in making moisturiser. I'm quite glad there were no recipes. (this might be too much information, but I can understand hippy types frying and eating human placenta - as gross as it sounds, it actually looks vaguely meaty. Sheep's placenta does not.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good find!

April 26, 2006 6:54 p.m.  
Blogger Fence said...

Yurch, sheep's placenta. There used to always be sheep in the field behind our house during lambing season, and every year our old dog would head off at some stage and bring back bits of placenta. Which was really annoying for two reasons.

A dog in the field with lambing sheep, not a good idea even though she never went near them. And secondly sheep's placenta in the back garden.

Course then the farmer built a new house next to us and his daughter moved in, along with 50 bazillion greyhounds and they don't keep sheep in the field nearby anymore.

April 27, 2006 8:57 a.m.  
Blogger Auds said...

Dogs that are not sheepdogs and sheep don't mix. One of the most traumatic days of my childhood was the morning of my uncle's wedding and my sisters and I are were flowergirls.
We missed the Mass as 2 dogs got into the sheep and killed 4 and mauled 6 more, all of which had to be put down.

MOral of story - keep your dogs from sheep.

The end.

April 27, 2006 11:45 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home