realitycheck(dot)ie

Irish doctor with too many thoughts, too little time and a blog that's supposed to check in on reality.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

The Dummies Guide to Illinois

Sufjan Stevens' Illinois, that is.
From the torture garden.
It's rather detailed. And a fascinating way to procrastinate and not study.
I've only 36 hours to my surgery clinical finals at 8am on Monday morning. And 60 hours to medicine on Tuesday morning and then it's all over. You'd think I'd suck it up and go hell for leather for the last furlong.
But, no. I'm listening to Bruce Springsteen's We Shall Overcome. I'm quite overcome - a review will be forthcoming, maybe Wednesday - if I'm not drunk, for the first time in my life).
All of the album is for inclusion in the updated Study Playlist along with the corrections made by a fellow crossgenerational country music fan, Fergal Crehan - Harlan Howard wrote Streets of Baltimore, not Gram Parsons. My bad. Pause while I hang my head in shame.

Best of luck to all the other bloggers doing exams - Damien, Gavin and Copernicus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home