realitycheck(dot)ie

Irish doctor with too many thoughts, too little time and a blog that's supposed to check in on reality.

Monday, May 08, 2006

Summer Holidays

I have been thinking about you, my valued reader in my small cohort of valued readers in recent days while I have not been blogging.
This is in part due to the lack of Broadband in my small town in the Midlands (check out Damien for coverage map and other stuff )but mostly due to my new daily routine which involves a tiny bit of farming, some reading of frivolous non-medical books and a lot of languid lounging on the couch.

But I'm off to the Big Apple now for some sightseeing, shopping and baseball. Thanks to Eagle's recommendation I going to see the New York Yankess and the Boston Red Sox tommorrow in Yankee stadium.
I will not be blogging from New York because it would be a mere gushing about New York and a sharing of my ignorance of baseball - I told an American friend that I was going to see a baseball match between the New York Sox and the Boston Yankess.

I'm off now to download some podcasts and listen to them on the plane - the Leviathian podcast, an tImeall (obviously not bringing the little blue and orange Irish dictionary, so I'll be free-interpreting - which is so much more fun), Virgin Atlantic's New York podcast guide and maybe some of the Irish radio stations I never listen to.

But when I come back, I'll be all up for blogging loads.

In my absence, I urge you to read my favorite New York magazine - the City Journal, and think of me, a poor hapless tourist navigating the streets of gold of the Big Apple.

5 Comments:

Blogger Eagle said...

Well, the game you saw was not close, but that's life. Besides, you experienced New Yorkers as they often are: bitter and angry at their own team, which had been humiliated by their arch rival. I'm sure the atmosphere was -- educational.

May 11, 2006 2:18 p.m.  
Blogger Eagle said...

You and Chris from alt tag in New York at the same time. Did you meet up? And, you were both at the Springsteen concertAre you two the same person?

May 11, 2006 2:25 p.m.  
Blogger hesitant hack said...

You brought the weather with you, it seems!! Hope you're having fun despite the unexpected return of winter.

May 15, 2006 4:50 p.m.  
Blogger hesitant hack said...

PS if you're interested, there's a potentially good literary event/party tomorrow evening at the kitchen; launch of one of the better journals here, n+1. here's the weblink: Details here

May 15, 2006 4:53 p.m.  
Blogger Auds said...

Thanks for details Hesitant Hack, but stop checking internet as there is way too much to do in NYC without computers! Wow, that rain fell hard.

May 20, 2006 2:23 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home