realitycheck(dot)ie

Irish doctor with too many thoughts, too little time and a blog that's supposed to check in on reality.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

All's Right With the World Again

Mary’s inda house again. Well, she’s gotten the chance to marshal the buachailli dana in the Dail again, if the people of my home constituency deem her suitable….

Mary O’Rourke’s beaten Boxer Moran at the FF selection convention and is back in the running – just like the good old days, Longford and Westmeath are all loved up together again. Longford’s brief affair with Roscommon was never gonna work as votes don’t swim the Shannon. However, we can look forward to more showdowns at Tang (where I attended National School) with the school marm back in action.

I’ve posted on O’Rourke before and this is one Longford-Westmeath vote that she’s very unlikely to get.


Update - actually, all's not right with the world - Richard Delevan has the low down. I only heard that she had gotten in last night on the bus from Athlone at about 10 pm (I missed the train). The comment was not played so I cannot comment on the reaction from the bus travelling crowd leaving the great town of Athlone. Perhaps it was the "inaudible gasps" that I missed.

update 2 - Kinda pathetic that I giggle at my own sad jokes but I reproduce a comment of mine from Damien Mulley's blog here - Oh, Mary, where would the Midlander stereotypes of BIFFOs and boggers be without you?
Unlike George W, who Anne Richards described as being born with a “silver foot in his mouth, Mary O’Rourke was born with a silver lump of turf in hers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Simon said...

a silver lump of turf in hers.
:) you made me smile.

January 10, 2006 12:20 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know there wasn't much choice on the table but seriously...there should be an age limit or something...this ruins the chance of another party's up and comming candidate with possibly bright new offerings by some auld hag with ex ministerial tears in her eyes!

Vote for Grandma anyone?

January 10, 2006 2:10 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home