realitycheck(dot)ie

Irish doctor with too many thoughts, too little time and a blog that's supposed to check in on reality.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Verbal HyperProductivity

From the Telegraph Apparently the EC tried to fire this guy, Mr Sequeira after fears that he might whistle blow on some internal fraud - but they couldn't so they went down the road of trying to get him declared psychiatrically unwell and then fire him. Some of his symptoms were "verbal hyper-productivity" and a "lack of conceptual content in his speech." He was also considered to show "megalomania and paranoia" and "an astonishing lack of daily awareness in the world of work".
I wasn't the world's best psychiatry student by any means, so I couldn't pretend to comment on this with any knowledge, but this sounds all very mad to me.
My german teacher in school once told me that I was "intoxicated with the exburance of my own verbosity" (which is a Disraeli quote I think) - this however excludes my future employment in the lovely EU buildings in Brussels.
Yes that violent cracking noise is my heart breaking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home