realitycheck(dot)ie

Irish doctor with too many thoughts, too little time and a blog that's supposed to check in on reality.

Monday, March 06, 2006

Myalgic Encephalomyelitis

is not the reason blogging has been light in recent days.
I have been studying the more common medical/surgical conditions in the last few days with a new lease of student life - one of those stupendously great study weekends - despite not really doing anything Saturday and taking Sunday off for a rare posh family dinner out. (we don't do dining out unless it's to a posh place - my mother's cooking tends to ensure disappointment otherwise)
By the time I read my bloglines page, I was ready for bed (Differential diagnosis anyone? Is ME really that common? What tests? Management? - hit me, I'm in automated answer mode).
But I do plan to have a few posts up tommorrow.

In the meantime Dr Crippen, the
NHS Blog Doctor has a post on myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME) or chronic fatigue syndrome, the support group politics and how it might all be due tick transmitted spirochaete.
While this theory has been floated around for a while, one of Dr Crippen's patient with ME/chronic fatigue eventually tested positive for Lyme Disease. Cool or wha?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home