realitycheck(dot)ie

Irish doctor with too many thoughts, too little time and a blog that's supposed to check in on reality.

Friday, January 20, 2006

I'm going to Washington Tommorrow

and I'm excited.
Despite the increasing study pressure, I'm leaving it all behind to go to DC and I'm excited.
It's only for a week and I'm debating bringing a small textbook to assuage any guilt that may arise.
I think the fact that I thought about bringing one probably exonerates me from actually bringing one.

I'll be doing touristy things and meeting people. On Monday, I'll be attending the Blogs4Life conference. It'll be the first time I'll meet other bloggers in person ever. (Well apart from those I met before I started blogging).
It should be good - I won't be going on the March4Life later that day - I'm not really into the whole marching thing. Should be an interesting experience anyway.

Anyway - I'm really excited and need to pack. Have never been to DC before (and I'm really excited!)

Not to leave you in the breach check out Eagle's posts on priestly celibacy and Reason magazine's article on the Alito nomination and media bias.

While I would like to think you all be berefit without me (I do know you won't - cue self pity with wailing and gnashing of teeth) but hopefully you'll manage!
I might blog over the week but as I'm not bringing my laptop, it might just be too akward.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Please consider going on the March, Aug. I think you'll regret not going afterwards. It will certainly make for a unique sightseeing tour, as the route goes all the way from the Capitol to the Washington Monument.
Bring your poncho however, as it could rain.
See you there!
Dan
faithmouse)

January 22, 2006 7:04 a.m.  
Blogger Eagle said...

March - it's good for you

January 23, 2006 5:17 p.m.  
Blogger Kevin Breathnach said...

Oh, how you will be welcomed by the bold print of so-many a subscribed to blog. Hope you're having/had a good time.

January 31, 2006 8:30 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home