realitycheck(dot)ie

Irish doctor with too many thoughts, too little time and a blog that's supposed to check in on reality.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Stop listening to that Devil's Music....

and join in me in listening to heart murmurs on your iPod. (check out some seriously intense whackos at Satan's Music)

According a new study listening to heart sounds recording about 500 times to reliably discriminate between the different sounds made by various heart problems. After listening to the sounds on their iPod, a group of medical students were better able to identify the heart sounds on a test - up from 30% before the practice listening session to 80 after using the iPod.

500 times - and there's about 10 or so murmurs I've to know. So that's 5,000 murmurs to listen on my iPod before April......as well as using my demon stethoscope on patients....I will go insane.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home