realitycheck(dot)ie

Irish doctor with too many thoughts, too little time and a blog that's supposed to check in on reality.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Tut, Tut Readers

I am most disappointed with you, my readers – I go out of my way to provide a time wasting fun music quiz and you all only get 1 correct answer – coming from NineMoons. Those marked with an * are the easiest – song title comes from the first line! Come on people, I expected more from you.

  1. Mercy on the Fallen - Dar Williams = Oh my fair north star I have held to you dearly

  2. Hold on, hold on - Neko Case = The most tender place in my heart is for strangers

  3. *Johnny Cash/Nick Cave – Running Kind  = I was born the running kind

  4. *Susan Tedeschi – Security = Security…I need some security

  5. The Saw Doctors - Never Mind the Strangers = It takes 2 to get together and time to make it last

  6. Buddy Miller – Quecreek =At the Quecreek mine the miners went down

  7. *Loretta Lynn – Don’t think = (Well you thought) I’d be waiting up when you came home last night

  8. The Highwaymen (Woody Guthrie) - Deportee = The crops are all in and the peaches are rotten

  9. Bruce Springsteen - Part man, part monkey - They prosecuted some poor sucker in these united states

  10. Dixie Chicks – Wide Open Spaces = Who doesn’t know what I’m talking about?

  11. Neil Young – Walk On = I hear some people been talking me down

  12. *Dashboard Confessional - Picture = Carry this picture for luck

  13. *Whiskeytown – Well, excuse me while I break my own heart (..tonight)

  14. Richard Shindell – By Now = Window open wide blowing through the north woods

  15. Alejandro Escovedo – Sex Beat = Johnny’s got a lot on his eyes, Shirley’s got a lot on her lips

  16. Billy Bragg and Wilco - Way over yonder in a minor key = I lived in a place called Okfuskee

  17. Jayhawks - Come to the river = My heart is tuned to the morning wind

  18. Wolf Parade - This hearts on fire = She tells you rock and roll

  19. **Gomez - Love is better than a warm trombone  (It’s the 1st line and the title exactly!)

  20. Vashti Bunyan - Here Before = Once I had a child and he was wilder than moonlight

  21. Caitlin Cary/Thad Cockrell - Something less than something more = It’s a pretty tired story now it happens all the time

  22. Bob Dylan - Just like a woman = Nobody feels any pain

  23. Minus 5 – Out there on the maroon = I had 6 white Russians tonight and 2 of them were people (Dealga’s fantasy! Great band)

  24. Willie Nelson - Big Booty = She said I ain’t gonna fix you no more sausage

  25. Gretchen Peters - Circus Girl= I work the highwire in the centre ring

That wasn’t that hard! (was it?)

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was viciously hard Auds. Even after you told us the answers I'd only vaguely heard of half of the artists, let alone the songs. The reason Dylan was the only one I got was because it was the only one of those songs I ever heard.

Sigh. Do another one, pandering to your readers stupidity. Go on, do.

August 31, 2006 10:36 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh for the love of God get back to posting on normality instead of burdening us with this obscurantism. I've never heard of at least 75 % of the people mentioned here, and I doubt whether anybody else has either. For God's sake woman, get a grip!!!

August 31, 2006 1:54 p.m.  
Blogger -Ann said...

Darn it - I should have gotten number 5.

September 04, 2006 7:34 a.m.  
Blogger Fence said...

Very hard indeed. I'm still mystified even now you've posted the answers :)

September 04, 2006 7:40 p.m.  
Blogger G1.Seeker said...

Auds are you sure you're in the right career? Where the hell did you find the time to build up an eclectic cross-section of music taste like that AND study to be a doctor! I should have got Gomez and Wolf Parade but that's about it. I will be looking up Minus 5 however!

September 06, 2006 10:45 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home