realitycheck(dot)ie

Irish doctor with too many thoughts, too little time and a blog that's supposed to check in on reality.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Irish Bloggers Blogging the Blogging

It's something we seem to do a lot of - today
Sicilian Notes has some thoughts and the great-grandaddy of Irish blogging, Gavin Sheridan "bows out" (When I say shut down, I mean leave it online, but simply let it slide and move on to pastures new.)

It will be interesting to see how mainstream blogs get here, if it at all.
I bought www.realitycheck.ie about 6 months ago and blacknight are still waiting for my letter to say I am me and want to use the domain - I'm the slowest internet/broadband type going - after a little break from blogging (mainly because everytime I tried to write something I found problems with and deleted it - this non-editing approach works best!) I feel rejuvenated. Like I had a blogonic irrigation, or something.

3 Comments:

Blogger Fence said...

It is interesting to see how blogs are viewed by different people, whether as just a rambling collection of words that are a way to keep in touch with people (my style), or as business blogs, or political blogs.

I wonder will one sort or the other become the "norm" as they become more and more popular. I hope not.

August 09, 2006 9:14 a.m.  
Blogger EWI said...

Has Richard never come across the excellent Best of Both Worlds blog? Or is it that Waggy doesn't like the colour of P O'Neill's fact-checking...?

August 09, 2006 11:03 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogonic irrigation!! What a horrible image!! Honestly Auds, can't you come up with a better image? I know you're a doctor, but still!

Tom O'Gorman

August 16, 2006 5:12 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home