realitycheck(dot)ie

Irish doctor with too many thoughts, too little time and a blog that's supposed to check in on reality.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Want to hear some truly beautiful music?

Download one of the songs from Hem's new album - "No Word from Tom" from The Rawking blog. It's Hem's cover of Rem's South Central Rain.
Give it listen and then go buy all their albums. This song barely does them justice.
And I've just realised that I'm in New York 2 days after they play the Bowery Ballroom with Josh Ritter. The only consolation is that I'll be listening to Bruce Sprinsgteen in the Point the same evening. But it's still upsetting.
Damn the laws of time and physics.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Dave Rawkblog said...

thanks for the shout :)

April 08, 2006 1:23 a.m.  
Blogger hesitant hack said...

thanks for the introduction....ironic that I should come to this music through a fellow Longfordian when I actually live in the same part of Brooklyn as this band...you're right, beautiful stuff. Sorry you'll miss the show.

April 10, 2006 2:34 a.m.  
Blogger Auds said...

Well I hope you make it, hesitant hack!
What can I say, people from Longford (contrary to popular belief) are at the cuttting edge of beautiful music.

April 11, 2006 11:38 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home