realitycheck(dot)ie

Irish doctor with too many thoughts, too little time and a blog that's supposed to check in on reality.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Am I Mad or What?

After a day of fruitless study, and the realisation that I'm over 3 days behind on my study plan, with finals next week, where I've to know all the diseases that affect the human body, I started catching up on my medical blogs.

From The Examining Room of Dr. Charles comes a story of an abscess that would not drain - "the pus kept flowing".

And the Grand Rounds (summary of the week in medical blogging) at Urostream is the form of a history and examination for a "winky problem".

And you've that New England Journal Medicine video that I linked to last week of the worms in some poor man's bowel.

Why I am doing this to myself? I don't want to fix winkies, drain pus or watch wriggling worms for the rest of my life.
I want sugar and spice and all things nice.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Simon said...

specking of things nice how did the cheese cake go. if it went at all

April 05, 2006 1:32 p.m.  
Blogger Auds said...

It didn't actually go at all as the mother, in her infinite generosity, came up Saturday morning with homemade chocolate icecream, a quiche and a pineapple cheesecake. Obviously she thinks study requires a massive caloric intake, so chocolate, rum and orange cheesecake calories were not required, but I'll probably make it soon.
Don't worry, if it goes wrong, I will raise hell over at Dossing Times and demand a full and transparent review of the kitchens.

April 05, 2006 1:37 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home