realitycheck(dot)ie

Irish doctor with too many thoughts, too little time and a blog that's supposed to check in on reality.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

A song to push American Idiot off my iPod’s most played list

Well, maybe not.
But for those of us not in line with Green Day’s attitude to Bush, there’s the Right Brothers.
With lyrics such as “Democracy is on the way, hitting like a tidal wave / All over the middle east, dictators walk with shaky knees”, a chorus of “Bush was Right” and a riff of “Ted Kennedy - wrong! / Cindy Sheehan - wrong! / France - WRONG! / Zell Miller - right!, Bush was Right is probably not going to make the charts in Ireland. You can watch the video here.

The lyrics are funny, the music mediocre and I’ll probably tire of it after a few minutes. But for the moment, I’m giggling and wallowing in listening to music that agrees with my politics. Given my listening tastes (alternative, indie, folk) I tend to have very little political agreement with the artists I buy, so this is refreshingly different. Not that it really matters, but still.....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home