realitycheck(dot)ie

Irish doctor with too many thoughts, too little time and a blog that's supposed to check in on reality.

Friday, April 07, 2006

I Belong in Paris.

According to the stupid What European City Do You Belong In? quiz -
"
You Belong in Paris

You enjoy all that life has to offer, and you can appreciate the fine tastes and sites of Paris.
You're the perfect person to wander the streets of Paris aimlessly, enjoying architecture and a crepe.
"

Paris. Not at all impressed, mainly because I don't get the Paris buzz.
Also "a crepe"...please, that'll be crepes, plural and Sister Assumpta from Father Ted reaction - smear over face, end of Lent pig out.

I know I belong in Rome, conventiently located between the nuns and heaven.
The "nuns" is a relgious run French restraunt complete with liturgical dance and heaven, contrary to popular belief, is in fact Della Palma, the best ice cream shop in the world.

5 Comments:

Blogger Simon said...

Face it auds your are French. Now go find some free-Marketeer to throw stuff at. :)

April 07, 2006 7:37 p.m.  
Blogger Auds said...

I suppose in a Team America inspired assualt, I could always throw some croisants.

While wearing my best beret and black outfit, sipping muddy coffee and elegantly shrugging my shoulders at the pointlessness of it all.

April 08, 2006 12:06 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paris is so cool.
If you have never been, Sacre Coeur Basilica and Notre Dame are really worth the trip, as are Montmartre and St. Germain-de-Prix.

April 08, 2006 3:10 p.m.  
Blogger Auds said...

I've been to Paris before and didn't "get it".
Admittedly I was on my own for a week doing research in a crappy archive on things that weren't looked at since they were archived in 1893 (which was cool, I guess) so maybe I wasn't in the best mood to appreciate it.
Given my french is appalling and I had to interview several people, it was all a bit stressful.
Just thought it was an unfriendly place. But remain open to changing my mind in the future!

April 09, 2006 10:57 a.m.  
Blogger Auds said...

Oh, and Sacre Coeur and Notre Dame are obviously very beautiful. Attended the sung Mass/vespers every evening I was there in Notre Dame - it was magnificent.

April 09, 2006 10:59 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home