realitycheck(dot)ie

Irish doctor with too many thoughts, too little time and a blog that's supposed to check in on reality.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Ever said anything to a reporter that you don't remember?

I feel like some dodgy politician. According to this United Press International article about the Blogs4Life conference, I told the reporter -
A number of international bloggers attended the event such as "Auds" (who also asked to remain anonymous), blogger of realitycheckdotie.blogspot.com and a student from Ireland who came to Washington for the first time this week.

According to Auds, the Irish media have not reported adequately on the issue. And with the recent emergence of political blogs, Auds predicts more anti-abortion bloggers will appear as more individuals adapt to technology with the introduction of broadband, she said.


I don't remember talking to a reporter , but I must have. I don't remember saying the Irish media have not adequately reported on the issue - I actually think they do report loads on it.
And I don't know if we need specifically pro-life bloggers in Ireland - just more bloggers. And more people who read blogs. And hopefully I'm right about broadband - which is little more than just introduced.

Kind of funny to read about yourself and not recognise yourself. As I asked in response to that "who are we?" meme - Am I Me?

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Simon said...

You will have charlie bird after you. :)

February 13, 2006 1:12 a.m.  
Blogger Student said...

That's pretty funny... you should tell them you've changed your mind!

February 13, 2006 1:49 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah but maybe s/he didn't talk to you. Maybe s/he got the details from your blog by doing a blog search?

February 13, 2006 7:47 a.m.  
Blogger Auds said...

I doubt s/he did Damien, as I had no such information up on the blog until a week after the publication of the article.

I must have talked to a reporter - I just have no recollection of the event. I completely understand and empathise with the people in the tribunals for the first time ever.

February 13, 2006 10:18 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, you did talk to a reporter. I think her name was Rachel, but anyway she was short, cute and had dark hair. Youe were wearing your red jumper (for Fr Ted fans...)

February 13, 2006 10:51 a.m.  
Blogger Auds said...

Anonymous - I don't think I was wearing my red jumper.
I have contacted those I was with at the event and they inform that I did, in fact, speak with a reporter.
There you go - selective amnesia can affect the best of us. ;-)

February 13, 2006 11:10 a.m.  
Blogger Kevin Breathnach said...

Is the liquor strong in Washington, Auds?

February 13, 2006 11:16 a.m.  
Blogger Auds said...

Oh, I wouldn't know, Kevin.
;-)

February 13, 2006 11:19 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi everyone,

I just launched a website about my son and I – he has Down syndrome and I’ve become concerned about the early prenatal tests leading to more children with Down syndrome being aborted.

This is a multimedia presentation on our story that I’d love to have your feedback on.

http://content.impactengine.com/ieViewer.php?tid=61948

Please let me know what you think…I could really use some feedback before I launch this on-line.

Thanks,

Sam
Gabriel’s Dad

P.S. Feel free to share with your contact list or post a link on your site. The site that automatically opens up after the story is www.GabrielsAngelNetwork.org

February 14, 2006 1:37 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home