realitycheck(dot)ie

Irish doctor with too many thoughts, too little time and a blog that's supposed to check in on reality.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

What's Wrong With The World

Chesterton did not include this particularly horrendous scandal in his book, but Iron and Wine and Calexico are touring Europe in April.
They are not coming to Dublin.
This is the greatest blow to my person so far this year. It is truly awful.
In The Reins, their joint EP effort, is most played in my iPod for ages. A History of Lovers is quickly becoming my favourite song ever (neck and neck with Bruce Springsteen's Youngstown)

Why not go see them in Europe if you're so obsessed?
Well, to add insult to injury they're in England when my final are on. That said, I do like the idea of a trip to Treviso, Italy to see them on 10th May.

If you're a fan of I&W download the "exclusive" itunes live session EP. It's really good. Not quite finished listening to it as have just downloaded it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a damn shame. I saw Calexico years ago and they were great.

Auds, if you're interested, I've been raving to everyone about another Sub Pop act, a guy called Kelley Stoltz. His album 'Below the Branches' is out tomorrow and I think you might like it. (Review and interview in tomorrow's Ticket)

February 09, 2006 4:33 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooops, that was meant to refer to Iron & Wine as a Sub Pop band.

February 09, 2006 4:47 p.m.  
Blogger Auds said...

Thanks for the tip Sinead. Will definitely check him (and your review?) out.

February 10, 2006 1:54 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home