realitycheck(dot)ie

Irish doctor with too many thoughts, too little time and a blog that's supposed to check in on reality.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

New Template and Toe Curling

I don't know what possessed me but approximately 3 hours ago I decided to change the template of this blog. Disillusioned Lefty's cool new picture inspired me and I decided that I want a picture too.
Well 3 hours later, there are loads of problems still.....
I deleted the other members of the blog - becuase they never even read it anymore let alone post and then tried to get rid of the second "About me" in the sidebar. I can't do it - any suggestions?
For some reason the Bloglines blogroll is a different size.....
And I haven't found a picture I like to put on.
And I started defrosting my fridge becuase the Tesco delivery people were coming. Now the fridge is not defrosted - all its former inhabitants strewn about the kitchen and the dining room table full of stuff that I bought for my sister's 21st on Thursday and I've just discovered that they've replaced coriander with thyme (just becuase they're herbs doesn't mean they're interchangeable) and the 2 cases of Blossom Hill that we bought to make loads of mulled wine is actually half white, half red......
Aaaaaarrrggghhh.....and the only reason I'm home is that I slept it out and missed my 3 things today - which were from 730 to 1030.
My toes have started curling in the way they tend to do when I get frustrated.
Any blogger template quick fixes?

7 Comments:

Blogger United Irelander said...

The Blogger template strikes fear into many a blogger, myself included.

I like the new design though.

December 13, 2005 5:56 p.m.  
Blogger Fence said...

The first About is an image, and then after that you have a heading description with About Me types in there. So if you want to get rid of the image one you need to delet this piece of code from your template:
*img src="http://www.blogblog.com/scribe/header_about.gif" alt="About" height="22" width="66"* or, if you want to delete the text About Me then delete the following line
*h2 class="sidebar-title"*About Me*/h2*

As for the reason your bloglines links are a different size, that is because you have a *li* after the bloglines code. You should be able to move that to before the bloglines link-code and all should be the same size.

Feel free to email me if you want any more help. I'm all self-taught though, so not an expert.

December 13, 2005 7:05 p.m.  
Blogger Fence said...

Oh, I stuck in an * instead of a < or a >

December 13, 2005 7:06 p.m.  
Blogger Auds said...

Thanks fence. Tried changing the blogroll links, but that didn't work.
Should I have a < li > at the start and a < / li> at the end? With the < script > thing in the middle?
As for the "about me" i think that's part of what blogger thinks is correct. I kinda like the About curvy writing so will leave it until it annoys me.
I really want to slap my blog or something - does it not know that's not how I want it to look?

December 13, 2005 7:31 p.m.  
Blogger Fence said...

I'm not familar with this particular template, it has been a while since I used Blogger, but frm what I remember there is a profile-container where it'll have some blogger tag, the ones with the $ sign around them are usually Blogger specific. If you want you can delete that line and simply copy in your about me info.

That will get rid of all the text, including the About Me. But I'm not sure if that'll get rid of your image or not. That depends on how the template is set up.

The problem with your bloglines blogroll is that it is inside a script, which may effect on how it displays. Try putting < ul >< li > then the script and then your other links< /li > < /ul >

I'll take a longer look tomorrow if you want?

December 14, 2005 12:22 a.m.  
Blogger Auds said...

That worked Fence! Thanks a million!
Will sort out the whole profile thing another day - need to re-evaluate and decide who I am first!
Really, I want to curse blogger templates so much. The pain. The agony. The funny phrases in <> brackets that normal non-techy people know nothing about.
And now I've an existentialist/metaphysical crisis to deal with as well....

December 14, 2005 12:40 a.m.  
Blogger Fence said...

No problem. And html is relatively easy, its css that really destroys the soul :)

December 14, 2005 9:26 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home