realitycheck(dot)ie

Irish doctor with too many thoughts, too little time and a blog that's supposed to check in on reality.

Saturday, January 06, 2007

The Vatican Embraces Wilde

Father Leonardo Sapienza, head of protocol at the Vatican embraces Oscar Wilde's literary and Catholic legacy in a new book entitled "Provocations: Aphorisms for an Anti-conformist Christianity. The author says he wanted to “stimulate a reawakening in certain Catholic circles”. Christianity was intended to be a radical cure, not a humdrum remedy for the common cold: “Our role is to be a thorn in the flesh, to move people’s consciences and to tackle what today is the No 1 enemy of religion — indifference.” I love Oscar Wilde's work and find his life fascinating. It'll be interesting to see the reaction of more "conservative" catholics to this development.

2 Comments:

Blogger Eagle said...

Didn't see this on time to nominate you. I hope someone else did it for you. If it's any consolation I wasn't nominated for any awards either (at least, I don't think I was).

January 30, 2007 10:33 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mitsubishi Eclipse Turbocharger
its nice to read a useful article for beginner like me. Some of points from this article are very helpful for me as I haven’t considered them yet. I would like to say thank you for sharing this cool article. Bookmarked and sharing for friends.

September 27, 2011 11:06 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home