realitycheck(dot)ie

Irish doctor with too many thoughts, too little time and a blog that's supposed to check in on reality.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Sad News

Whien I read that Elizabeth Fox-Genovese had died, I was saddened that I would not be reading any more fantastic books like "Feminism is Not the Story of my Life".
Robert P. George says this about her in NRO -

"Elizabeth Fox-Genovese was a scholar as notable for her bravery as for her brilliance. After what she described as her “long apprenticeship” in the world of secular liberal intellectuals, it was careful reflection on the central moral questions of our time that led her first to doubt and then to abandon both liberalism and secularism. Needless to say, this did not endear her to her former allies."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very sad to hear and I totally agree with you

Sam

February 10, 2007 10:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home