realitycheck(dot)ie

Irish doctor with too many thoughts, too little time and a blog that's supposed to check in on reality.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Blog Cooking

Instead of trawling through cookbooks and websites, this weekend I decided to make a few recipes I found on blogs instead.
I made the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever tasted from Kieran Murphy at Ice Cream Ireland. Winds also baked them this weekend and testifies to their brilliance. I ended up making 6 instead of 7 because the cookie dough was so good. I know it’s probably bad for me to eat uncooked dough, but I have never tasted anything so nice. I usually make Delia Smith’s recipe for Maryland Choc Chip Cookies, but it’s a little more pernickety – wholemeal flour and vanilla pods. Kieran Murphy is a genius.
A very easy and gorgeous potato recipe from Caroline at  Bibliocock – I had some left over chorizo that was so dry I didn’t need to slice it – it kind of cracked instead. It was perfect in this fabulous Tartiflette.
I’m so impressed that the recipes were so easy and foolproof, I am now starting a blogger cooking MS word document to collate my favourite recipes.
I plan making Dossing Times famous chocolate orange and rum cheesecake at the weekend!

6 Comments:

Blogger Simon said...

I plan making Dossing Times famous chocolate orange and rum cheesecake at the weekend!

I feel the pressure now.:)

March 28, 2006 11:07 a.m.  
Blogger Auds said...

You should simon, you should.

This is serious. You will be held responsible for wasting cookies, chocolate and rum if it is anything less than perfect.
Note substandard cheesecake will be your fault, the innocent blogger, and not mine, the hapless cook.

March 28, 2006 11:33 a.m.  
Blogger -Ann said...

Eating raw cookie dough is one of life's simple pleasures and is one of the few benefits of being an adult and being allowed make choices like that. (I also file eating ice cream for dinner under one of the few benefits of being an adult.)

March 29, 2006 6:53 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some of my fondest childhood memories involve scraping out any cookie, brownie, or any sweet dough left over in mixing bowls after my mother or aunt let me "help" with the baking. No wonder I'm in this business!

Brownie recipe coming up next (though am more than a wee bit nervous after acquiring "genius" status!)

March 30, 2006 8:34 p.m.  
Blogger Auds said...

While I'm looking forward to the brownies Keeran, my waistline is not!

March 31, 2006 11:06 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your kind comments, Auds! I've also got one of those constantly-being-opened-and-updated word documents, crammed full of fellow bloggers recipes. Every so often it gets printed off and hung on the kitchen noticeboard - I've yet to get round to making Kieran's cookies, though!

April 12, 2006 9:54 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home