realitycheck(dot)ie

Irish doctor with too many thoughts, too little time and a blog that's supposed to check in on reality.

Friday, December 16, 2005

This is kinda gross so beware....

From the medical blog A Chance to Cut is a Chance to Cure comes a very good round up on a procedure that I first read about in a gynae reference book in the Rotunda library and I can still remember how stunned I felt.
I can understand how in some cultures (especially Muslim) how some women need it to literally save their lives but it's completely excessive for everyone else.
After I read about it, I asked a few classmates at coffee had they heard about it. (Yes, be glad you don't have morning coffee with medical students!) One American girl had through a friend of a friend who became a born again Christian and felt she needed it (it's not only associated with that anyway)
Which is totally beside, or even against, the point of chastity.
Anyway - read about it if you want - it's not really a suitable Christmas present despite the first woman interviewed in the article.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home