realitycheck(dot)ie

Irish doctor with too many thoughts, too little time and a blog that's supposed to check in on reality.

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Geoff Hoon has same musical tastes as me!

A narcissitic observation perhaps, but Geoff Hoon is the only one of the politicians interviewed by yesterday's Gaurdian whose musical tastes I would agree with - The Byrds, Gram Parsons, Ryan Adams. I like his catty comment at the end "'I've been listening to the Beatles and the Beach Boys a lot longer than I've been secretary of state for defence,' he counters at the suggestion. 'And I do get a bit annoyed when I go to see U2 and Bono calls up the White House. These people wouldn't be interested in my ideas about music and I'm not interested in their ideas about politics.'"

David Cameron, the Conservative's policy co-ordinator seems to play some good stuff too - Bob Dylan and the Killers.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home