realitycheck(dot)ie

Irish doctor with too many thoughts, too little time and a blog that's supposed to check in on reality.

Monday, January 31, 2005

My Social Life

Unlike toddyunct, I have a social life and a fascinating personal hygenie regime. My active social life is really hopping this evening as I watch TV3's "The Political Party". I haven't made up my mind whether or not I like this show yet - I am consumed with a desire to have David MacWilliam's Agenda back on screen so maybe I'm just subconsciously trying to dislike Ursula Halligan. There's something about her which I don't like personally but she's an alright interviewer. I just saw her interview Dick Roche, who was good on the need for planning permission reform and called the electronic voting machine scandal a "slippery banana skin I inherited" (which I think is a little odd) ....then Shane Ross (Ind Sen) and Arthur Morgan (SF TD).....Sinn Fein are obviously scraping the bottom of the barrell when Morgan can say that Caoimhghín Ó Caoláin had the performance of his life in the Dail last week against Bertie...Bertie was on fire and rightly so - C O'C was a little like Mitchell McLaughlin on last week's Q&A - placed under the kind of scrutiny that political parties are rightly subjected to, they stutter, mumble about the British Government and blink furiously. Perhaps I'm being too harsh but 'twas good to know that Arthur Morgan is against punishment beatings...pity Sinn Fein don't take their committment to human rights to the next level and actually start doing something about changing the culture that allows such thuggery to survive in.

Labels:

0 Comments:

<< Home